Numberless streaming services are available for entertainment purposes. And we are all utilizing the streaming services to watch our favorite videos and content. But the streaming services that are providing features and services at low cost are countable. Philo is one such streaming service that provides you with entertainment content at a low cost. Philo is an online streaming service to catch up on your favorite TV channels and on-demand content. This article will help you to learn the steps to get Philo on LG Smart TV.
- Now, let us get started to have the information of availability of this Philo app on your LG Smart Television is not available.
- By considering this odd, you need to follow our three fine methods to get this Philo app on your Smart TV.
- For our first method is to use the Chromecast device with your LG Smart Television to screen share the Philo app contents.
- Then, our second method is to use the Airplay feature to screen mirror the Philo app from your iPhone to your TV display.
- Eventually, if you are using the old model LG Smart Television means get used the external device to achieve this Philo app.
- Therefore, external devices with the Philo app are Firestick, Roku, Apple TV Box, Android TV Box, and others.
Philo is an online streaming service to catch Live TV and your favorite on-demand content. Philo was designed by Nick Krasney and Tuan Ho. This service was started as Tivli but then relabeled as Philo in 2013.
Philo features more than 60 channels including HGTV, Food Network, Paramount Network, TLC, BBC America, Discovery Channel, History, A&E, AMC, Comedy Central, and much more at $20/month.
The channels that can be accessed without cost, i.e., free are Bloomberg Television, Revry, Cheddar, and Crackle. Premium Add-ons like Starz at $9/month and Epix at $6/month are available for the users.
The new and eligible customers can have access to a free trial for a week. No additional cost for Limitless DVR in Philo. Cancellation of the subscription plan can be done whenever you want as there is no contract in Philo.
How to Get Philo on LG Smart TV?
Philo can not be installed directly on LG Smart TV as it’s incompatible. But there are such ways that lead you to get Philo on LG Smart TV. You’ll get the procedures in the upcoming sections.
- How to get Philo on LG Smart TV using Chromecast?
- How to get Philo on LG Smart TV using Airplay?
Steps to Get Philo TV on LG Smart TV Using Chromecast
These steps are helpful to get Philo on LG Smart TV using Chromecast. The Philo app supports Chromecast only in the Android app.
Step1: Couple your Chromecast dongle with your LG Smart TV and turn on them.
Step2: Now install Philo on your Android phone and log in to your account.
Step3: Establish the same Wi-Fi network on your Chromecast dongle and Android.
Step4: Get access to Philo on your Android.
Step5: Choose content in Philo on your Android to play it on your LG TV.
Step6: Click the cast icon on the Philo App
Step7: Then pick your Chromecast dongle from the available devices list.
Now the content of Philo you’ve chosen is playing on your Chromecast enabled LG TV. These steps are also useful for the old model LG TVs.
Steps to Get Philo TV on LG Smart TV Using Airplay
These steps are helpful to get Philo on LG Smart TV using Airplay. As of now, there is no Chromecast or Airplay support in the iOS app. So we are using the screen mirroring method.
Step1: Establish the same Wi-Fi network on your iOS and LG Smart TV.
Step2: Install Philo on your iOS and log in with your credentials.
Step3: Do the following on your LG Smart TV: Home > Home Dashboard > Airplay > Airplay & HomeKit Settings > Airplay > On.
Step4: Then tap Screen Mirroring on your iOS from the Control Centre.
Step5: Go to Philo on your iOS and it is displaying on your LG TV. Start streaming.
Guide to Get Philo on Old Model LG TV
To get Philo on your old model LG TV, you need to connect external devices like Chromecast dongle, FireStick, Roku, Apple TV, and Android TV. If you use a Chromecast dongle, get along with the steps in the how to get Philo on LG TV using the Chromecast section. Let us get into the procedures.
Step1: Couple any of the above-mentioned external devices with your old model LG TV and enable the internet connection.
Step1: Do any of the following regarding the external device you choose.
- Search icon > Search for Philo > Highlight Philo > Get
- Home > Streaming Channels > Look for Philo > Highlight Philo > Add Channel
- Apple TVBox
- AppStore > Look for Philo > Highlight Philo > Install
- Android TVBox
- Google Play Store > Discover Philo > Highlight Philo > Install
Step3: Log in to Philo on your device with your credentials and start streaming on your old model LG TV.
Philo is an online video streaming service to catch your favorite TV channels. You can use your Philo account credentials with its partner TV Everywhere service at no extra charges. You can stream there for free with a Philo subscription. We hope that the procedures given to get Philo on LG Smart TV will be useful to you.