PlayStation 5 is a device where you can play games and also stream your favorite movies, TV shows, or any web series. Most of us like to binge-watch YouTube and finally, you can do it on your PS5 also. On the new PlayStation 5, you can stream various apps like Disney plus, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and so on. If you like to stream YouTube from your gaming console, then we will get you through it. Through this article, we will help on how to stream YouTube on PS5.
Similar Post to read: Now TV on PS5
What is YouTube?
YouTube is an online video streaming and video sharing platform. It is a video sharing service in which the users can like, share, comment, and upload their own videos. This streaming platform can be accessed on PCs, tablets, mobile phones, and so on. YouTube was firstly an independent platform that was later on acquired by Google. YouTube now works as one of the subsidiaries of Google. It has its product services such as YouTube Premium, YouTube Music, YouTube TV, and YouTube Kids. YouTube is accessible on the following platforms: iOS, Android, LG Smart TV, Hisense TV, Sharp TV, Sony TV, Samsung Smart TV, Vizio SmartCast TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Tv Stick, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/s, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, Roku LT, XS, 3 streaming stick, EE TV, Chromecast, YouView, Google Nest Hub.
Features of YouTube
- YouTube lets the user stream and upload videos of various resolutions from 240p to 2160p (4k resolution).
- Users can watch loads of videos without a dedicated account (YouTube Signed Out).
- The user can like, share, comment, and subscribe to their favorite channels.
- The user can get reminded from time to time whenever there’s new content is uploaded to their favorite channels.
- With YouTube Premium, users can have an ad-free experience and can stream on multiple devices.
Also, learn about Netflix on DirecTV
- Premium Plan: Starts at $11.99 per month.
- YouTube Music: Starts at $9.99 per month.
- YouTube TV: Starts at $64.99 per month.
How to Register for YouTube?
Step1: Go to www.youtube.com and click Create an Account.
Step2: Add your Email ID and fill in all the mandatory fields.
Step3: Follow all the prompts which follow.
Step 4: Once you have created an account, you can sign in with the mandatory credentials and you can enjoy streaming YouTube online.
Is YouTube on PS5?
Yes, YouTube is absolutely available on the new PlayStation 5. Users need not install YouTube from the Store. YouTube is a pre-installed app that is available for all PlayStation 5 users.
How to Access YouTube on PS5?
Users can access YouTube in two different ways:
- PlayStation 5 media remote: The media remote of the PlayStation 5 has a specified button separately for YouTube. Users can very easily access this way.
- Just in case if you do not have the PlayStation 5 media remote, users can access YouTube through the PlayStation 5 Controller.
How to Access YouTube on PS5 without a PlayStation Media Remote?
Users can enjoy YouTube on PS5 by following these steps:
Step1: Ensure your PlayStation 5 is turned on.
Step2: Make sure that your PlayStation 5 is connected to the Internet.
Step3: Enter the Dashboard of the PlayStation 5.
Step4: In the media, you can find a lot of pre-installed streaming applications.
Step5: Find YouTube and select it.
Step6: Log in using your credentials and enjoy streaming YouTube on your PlayStation 5.
How to Access YouTube with a PlayStation Media Remote?
Users can make use of the PlayStation 5 Media Remote for a very easy way of accessing YouTube by following the steps below:
Step1: Look into your PlayStation 5 and click on the button which says YouTube and has the YouTube logo on it.
Step2: Sign in to YouTube using your login credentials.
Step3: Enjoy streaming your favorite shows and videos online on YouTube.
Similar Guide: YouTube TV on PS5
YouTube is one of the major video uploading and streaming platform on the internet. YouTube lets the user stream and upload videos of various resolutions from 240p to 2160p (4k resolution). A user can watch loads of videos without a dedicated account (YouTube Signed Out). Through this article, we’ve taught how to access YouTube on PlayStation 5. Thanks for your patient reading.